Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Toddler Belt

My husband is having his promotion ceremony tomorrow, and I had the perfect pair of semi-dressy pants for Ethan to wear to it.  I had purchased these really cute pinstriped pants from BabyGap a little while ago.  However, they are a tad big (size 18-24 months) so he hasn't been able to wear them yet.  The pants do not have an adjustable waist band like most of BabyGap pants do.  But I had to get them anyway because they were just too cute and were on sale.

Anyway, they are perfect to wear to this event, so I wanted to make Ethan a belt for the pants.  In my mind, I had envisioned something very simple -- a piece of narrow fabric with a button snap.  That was it.  I know, it doesn't exactly sound like a belt, but I wanted something relatively easy to make.  So I searched the web for something like it.  The closest thing I found was a belt made by Dapper Snapper.   It's an innovative idea of a different kind of belt -- with no loops.  It's quite clever, it works, and seemed very easy to imitate. 


So I made an even simpler version of it.  I'm not sure how long it will last, but it does the job for now!  I cut out a small piece of one inch wide elastic made for waistbands, and added a couple of button snaps to it.

Here is what it looks like. 





Sounds easy, right?  The only thing I would have done differently is zigzag the edges so that they don't fray (which they already been doing).  It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it does its job!  And who can really see it anyway?  It's on the back loopholes and Ethan's shirt will cover it.

Awesome!

xoxo,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment