Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Yo Gabba Gabba!

Sorry it has been so long since my last post!  So much has been going on; I'm not sure where to start!

Well, let's see... let's start with the most current event.  We attended the Yo Gabba Gabba Live Show tonight at the Fox Theater in Detroit!  I was so excited to go and had been counting down the days until the show day since I purchased the tickets online (I believe it was a little over a month ago).  So you can imagine my excitement this morning when I woke up.  I'm a fan of the show, but of course, I'm more of a fan because my Ethan is a fan!  I couldn't wait to take him to his first live show to see his favorite TV characters perform. 

So remember I had purchased a sewing machine not too long ago?  I know, I know... I should have been more diligent in blogging about my novice sewing experience, but I will make up for it in my upcoming posts.  I promise!

Anyway, I bring that up because I had made a special shirt for Ethan to wear to the show.  I appliqued a Brobee face onto one of Ethan's old shirts using my sewing machine.  Woohoo!  And surprisingly, it turned out great! 



Here is Ethan (with his pal, Brobee) trying on the shirt after it was completed.
The shirt looks absolutely adorable on him, don't you think?  I had cut out the various shapes that make up Brobee's face from solid colored fabrics I had purchased at Jo-An Fabrics.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I LOVE that store.  I have been going there at least twice per week, and each time my visit gets better.  But that's another story for another time. 

So the day had finally come, and Ethan was excited to wear his newly created shirt!  He kept pointing to the character on his little upper body.  It was so cute.  The show started at 6:30pm and we finally leave the house at 5:15pm.  We should have left a little earlier, but we still go there RIGHT before the show started so we didn't miss the beginning, fortunately. 

Here is a picture of Ethan in his car seat on our way to the show... It was a long car ride, so that must explain the weary expression on his face!
After waiting in a long line to get inside the Fox Theater, the person who checks tickets tells me that I need another ticket for Ethan since he is older than 12 months (I didn't give her this information; she just assumed he was older).  We hadn't purchased a ticket for him because we thought tickets were for those who were two and older.  And since Ethan didn't need a seat, we figured it would be ok.  So we were wrong.  It all worked out in the end though.  I spoke with a guy at their guest services, and we were off the hook.

We finally get inside and immediately Ethan gets excited by all the Yo Gabba Gabba merchandise surrounding him.  I was very pleased with our seats.  We sat in the first row on the Mezzanine level so we had a fantastic view of the stage and had ample room for Ethan to roam around during the intermission.  So the music comes on and DJ Lance Rock appears, and Ethan is freaked out by everything and starts crying.  Ok, it was more like whimpering with his bottom lip stuck out and wavering just a bit.  But he seemed so scared.  I felt really bad, but I knew he would get over the initial fear of something new and warm up to the characters he grew so fond of.  And he did!

Ethan's initial reaction to the show.
Ethan's reaction later in the show.
Ethan really enjoyed the show overall.  We did too.  It was so much fun!  We danced (in our seats) and Ethan did as well.  Ethan clapped his hands after every song.  It was the cutest thing ever.  He couldn't take his eyes off all of the characters.  Everyone in the show was awesome too.  They were all so energetic and upbeat.  I also liked their song selection.  We knew almost all the songs they sang.  But then again, we probably watched almost all of the episodes! 

Here are some photos of the Gabba gang on stage:


We snuck a couple more really cool pictures in after the show:

Ethan in Brobee Land!

Picture with Toodee! 

We will definitely look out for the next show and go back again!  We had such a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment